10.15.2010

Industrial Chic

old clocks & vintage wood type
are two of my favorites.





June 24, 2011
Here's a repeat of a past post that has one of my best (and easiest!) junk lighting ideas - linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special - there's bound to be plenty of great inspiration for junk lighting...




As I get more enmeshed with blogging, I see other sites have these "link-up parties".  Usually I just click on by but this one caught my attention since it pretty describes the look at our house and the vibe I usually build on when designing projects.



So I took a few photos today of my space, highlighting "Industrial Chic" in my dining room.  Make sure you visit Margo's Junkin Journal, the blogsite sponsoring this link-up party - there's many more ideas there!


A vintage wire wastepaper basket (that was 5 cents at a yard sale!) becomes the perfect lampshade for the dining room pendant.  The lamp fixture is from IKEA - minus the shade that came with it...using my wire cutters, I cut a hole in the bottom of the wastepaper basket and connected it to the lamp fixture in lieu of the paper shade.







































A metal shelving unit provides space for more books and other interesting ephemera in the dining room.  The well-loved chair off to the side is one of my favorites - with splatters of green and black paint and twisted metal holding the support struts together, it is amazingly comfortable.






































The vignette on top of the metal shelves - love rusted metal!







































When I upcycled this free black dresser into the dining room buffet, I created knobs from old sewing bobbins.
























Clocks, rulers, metal type and silverplate are a constant theme in the dining room.
Hope you enjoyed the mini-tour! 

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails